DBT changes lives!
DBT-C is a treatment program that focuses on skill development for parents of kids (typically kids under the age of fourteen) who are emotionally sensitive and reactive. DBT-C focuses on changing the child’s environment to meet the child’s needs.
Emotionally vulnerable children can exhibit the following behaviors:
- Severe temper outbursts
- Difficulty with change and transitions
- Easily bored
- Rapidly shifting attention
- Sensory sensitivity (e.g., touch, smell, hearing, taste)
- Severe interpersonal problems with friends or family
- Suicidal thoughts, comments, or behaviors
Goals of DBT-C:
At Southlake, our therapists are trained to help create a change in the child’s environment, recognize their emotions, problem-solve their behavior, and teach them how to effectively cope with problems they are facing.
- Create a change-ready environment
- Recognize and understand emotion
- Better control behavior
- Learn ways to effectively cope with problems
- Learn how to problem-solve difficulties