Have you noticed that your child struggles to communicate their needs? Maybe even seen noticed they are having a hard time following direction? During a child’s life they will experience emotions that they may not know how to express, leaving parents feeling helpless in trying to navigate through those emotions and learning how to best connect with them.
Emotion Coaching, at its core aims to help children learn about their emotions and begin to manage them and their behavior.
Emotion Coaching: The Heart of Parenting presents a 5-step method that builds emotional intelligence and creates positive, long lasting effects for children from toddler to teens. Easy to learn, and used by parents, educators and care-givers, it supports kids through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence and helps them grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and ability to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life. Acclaimed researchers and therapists Drs. John and Julie Gottman present this proven program to show you how to be there for your child when it really counts.
The key to helping children be successful now and into the future is helping to grow their emotional intelligence. How parents connect with their kids and the quality of their communication is pivotal to Emotion Coaching.
At Southlake, our coaching team is well versed on the Emotion Coaching curriculum to help both parents and their children learn to communicate effectively to convey their needs. Our coaching program is designed to help children understand their own emotions and the emotions of others all while helping implement ways to best manage them in a positive way and help with regulate.
What will you learn?
- Our program is designed to teach the importance of emotional intelligence.
- Learn how to understand, response, and validate your child’s emotions
- Learn how to effectively communicate with your child in their time of need
- Explore ways to understand and express empathy with your child
- Navigate ways to limit set and problem solve with your child.
- Increased emotional connectivity with your child
- Become more emotionally responsive
- Perform better academically
- Better focus attention
- Learn self-motivation
- Become more emotionally stable
- Learn to become more resilient
5 Stages of Emotion Coaching
1. Be aware of your child's emotions
2. Recognize your child's expression of emotion as a teaching and bonding opportunity
3. Listen with empathy and validate the needs of your child
4. Help your child learn to label their emotions with words
5. Set limits when heling your child problem solve through difficult situations